See if you can find the answers to these questions among the Monday pages of Solar Week.
Use Monday's Learn About the Sun as a Star page to answer these questions.
- What is the closest star to planet Earth?
- Name the one characteristic that makes the sun unique in the Universe.
Use the page "Facts about the Sun" to answer the following questions.
- How many light years is the Sun from the center of the Milky Way galaxy?
- Where in the Milky Way galaxy is the Sun located?
- The radius of the sun is _________________ km, while the radius of the Earth is ________________________________ km.
- How many days does it take the Sun to rotate? _______________________
- How many days does it take the Earth to rotate? _______________________
- What is the temperature at the surface of the Sun?
- The Earth and the Sun are __________________ km apart. This is ___________________________ miles.
- Write down two other facts you found interesting.
Scroll down to the Structure section. Use the information in this section to answer the questions below.
- Which region of the Sun is the coolest? ________________________
- Which region is the hottest? ________________________
Click on Stellar Fingerprinting. Use the information to answer the questions below.
- What about a star tells us how hot it is? ____________________________
- What instrument is used to split light into a spectrum of colors? ____________________________
- What color star is the sun? _____________________